Today I want to share one of my favorite recipes with you: my secret granola recipe!
I had not done this for a while but last Saturday I ran my first 10k after a 1 week break from doing any sports because of an ankle injury and needed some good fuel for it. It worked and I topped my best time ( I only did it 4 times before). Besides 1-2 kg of strawberries and lots of quark I enjoyed tons of granola. It tastes so good (especially when it is still warm) so that it only lasted two days… Well, convince yourself👇🏼
I know most people don’t think of healthy if they think of granola because usually granola contains tons of sugar. But my recipe is sugar-free and fat-free , so no need to feel guilty. I eat eat all the the time, for braekfast, as a snack,… whenever I crave for a snack I satisfy myyself with granola if some is avaiable.
Additionally it does not take long to make it, so if you go to the store next time don’t buy granola but these few ingredients instead and try to make it yourself:
2 cups of oats
3/4 cup of flour of your choice (I like to use rye flour, but every kind will do)
1 spoon cinnamon
3/4 – 1 cup of almonds (I prefer whole ones)
3/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 1/4 cup of (sugarfree) juice or sweetened tea
-dried fruits (cranberries, raisins,…)
You have everything together? Let’s go!💕
1. Mix all the ingredients together except for the juice/tea and the fruits
2. Stir in the cooled juice/tea ; depending on how much the oats and the flour soak up you might need to add either more juice/tea or flour (if you want more sweetness replace half of the juice with ahorn syrup or add more sweetener in your tea)
3. Spread out the granola on a baking trail (the better spread out the better result you’ll get). Bake it at 350 degrees fahrenheit (175 degrees celsius) for 15 minutes, turn it and bake it until it’s as crunchy as you want it to be.😏
4. Put it in a big bowl and let it cool (don’t miss trying it hot though because it tastes soooo good when it is still warm).🤗
5. If you want to add any dried fruits you can do it now.👍🏼
6. Let them cool down completely before you store them in an air-permeable container for up to 2 weeks (if it lasts that long).
7. Most important: Enjoy!😋😉💕
Tipps how to enjoy your granola:😋
• I love having quark or Greek yoghurt with seasonal fruits and granola. The protein from the quark and the oats (yes, oats are not only a carbohydrates and fiber source but also contain a lot of protein) keep me full for a long time.😇👌🏼
• I like it plain, as a snack because it is that good and prevents chocolate cravings (even though I could never live completely without chocolate)🙆🏼🙈🍫
• Have you already tried my selfmade and helthy ice cream ? You can add it to every kind of cream or yoghurt, too.😉
Treat yourself and take care,