Before I introduce you into my brandnew recipe💥 I want to let you know about all the great benefits of eggplants.🍆🍆🍆Eggplants are not only a delicious but also a very healthy vegetable. Of course, in general vegetables are known for being good for your health but most people could not guess how good eggplants are for you and your body.😉
In addition to featuring a host of vitamins and minerals, eggplant also contains important phytonutrients, many which have antioxidant activity. A lot of studies have proved that Phytonutrients protect body cells from damage caused by free radicals and in turn prevent tumor growth and invasion and spread of cancer cells. They also stimulate detoxifying enzymes within cells and promote cancer cell death.👍🏼☺️
From animal studies it is also proved that the juice of eggplants decreases a high blood cholesterol and weight level.😏
Dietary fibers are already recognized as important factors in weight management because they increase satiety and reduce your appetite, making you feel fuller for longer and thereby lowering your overall calorie intake. Since eggplant is already low in calories, it makes a great part of a health and balanced diet.👌🏼
Okay, enough for now, I guess you are more than excited to try the new recipe now!😉
For two persons:
4tsp of low-fat quark/ Greek yoghurt
2 big tomatoes
Herbs and spices of your choice. I recommend black pepper, cayenne pepper, curry, chives and fresh curry.
1. Clean the vegetables.
2. Cut the eggplants into halves, cut a holes in their middle and place them on a baking trail.
3. Fill the holes with cottagecheese and diced tomatoes.
4. Cover the rest with quark/yoghurt before you add some spice.
5. Cut the carrots into slim streaks and place them on top of the eggplant. You can add more cheese or quark before you add herbs such as curry or chives.
6. Put you’re the baking trail in your oven. Depending on your oven it takes about 25-40 minutes until you can enjoy your amazing meal!
Of course you can create a lot of other variations. For example I only used tomatoes and Greek goat cheese, or tomatoes and Parmesan without cutting a hole.
Be creative and try whatever you might like!